Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Taking Off The Training Wheels

13/365


Did it!!!  I flipped into Manual mode this afternoon and took a bunch of pictures.  I was inspired by Courtney's picture today.  I looked at the settings she used, got up from my desk, got my camera and my prime lens and started snapping.  First I used Courtney's settings and my picture was too dark.  Then I started flipping through the shutter settings...flip, click...flip, click...flip, click...There was a lot of trial and error.  There was really nothing noteworthy, but I did start to get a sense of which shutter speed lets more light in so that's progress.  I'm really going to try hard to take more and more manual shots.  No guts, no glory!

I did manage a picture of this guy with manual settings and no flash.  It is SOTC...pretty good!

 
I also took a few pictures of Miss Lucy.  I tried explaining to her that she needed to hold still so I could take a bunch of pictures and see which one was the best camera setting...
 
 





 
She didn't...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Because you are so diligent you are only going to improve! Wonderful light, too. Keep having fun with your trial and error!

    ReplyDelete