Sunday, November 3, 2013

I'm Thankful

3/365


It's the month to express thankfulness.  I'm thankful for many things in my life- of course my wonderful husband and children, my beautiful grandson, my wonderful life.  We have a nice home and nice things, we are never hungry, and if we want or need something, at this point in our lives we can pretty much have it.  I've joined a month-long challenge on Instagram called #30thankfuldays.  I am trying to think of things outside of my thankfulness comfort zone, so to speak.  Something that I don't always give thanks for.  Today that something is vintage pilgrim and turkey candles... I'm not sure exactly where they came from, except that I got them from my Dad after my Mom passed away (I'm also thankful that he didn't throw them away!).  I know they are from the 30's or 40's...and they possibly came from my grandmother to my mom.  At any rate, I remember them decorating my childhood home in November and they remind me that I'm thankful for those fond memories of Thanksgiving as a child.

Although this picture was not taken in full manual...I did take it in A priority...that's something, right?!

 
 


1 comment:

  1. aww what a special post! I can feel your gratitude and happiness. I wish more people would take the time to focus on the positives in their lives rather than everything they find wrong. THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete