Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Genesee Country Village

5/365

I've been wanting to shoot some pictures that look good in black and white.  I love when other folks put their black and white shots up- but mine just look like I forgot my color film that day!  Yesterday Jim and I headed out to Genesee Country Village where he works as a volunteer to make a delivery.  I took my camera because what would look better in a black and white picture than an old village?  We spent about 45 minutes roaming around all by ourselves as the village is closed for the winter.  I want to go back!  No tourists to get in the way of THE SHOT!  hahaha!  This is my favorite today...

 
I also like this one!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with the black and white in this photo. I know what you mean about other photographer's photos, I feel the same when I try black and white. I don't know if it's because I know very little about editing or if I just can't see the same result with my own work.
    http://lookingthroughmylens365.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your black and whites! The soft focus on the farthest building in the first picture almost looks like a painting! Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete