Saturday, May 16, 2015

My buddy, Buddy...

May 14, 2015
14/365

Still working on the photo class...Buddy is a good subject as he'll hold a pose much longer than Henry at 2-1/2.  This week we're working on composition- rule of thirds, limb chop (or NOT), horizons, and clutter clearing.  It's really hard managing to get ALL of the elements I've learned into one picture.  In this picture of Buddy I definitely got the catch lights in his eyes and the rule of thirds by cropping to place him in one of the intersections, but this is the best picture I got and there is definitely clutter behind the sofa that distracts.  :::sigh:::


I asked Jim to remove the screens that were behind the wicker couch and tried again...


Much better but, as you'll see below on the original, it needed help from Lightroom!  One thing I have discovered from taking photography classes is that there is no such thing as an unedited photo anymore.  Everyone edits their pictures to make them look better from professional photographers removing blemishes to Instagram lovers who add filters.  My preference is natural but a bit better.  More like I wish I had taken it to start with.  The differences between Buddy I and Buddy II are mostly cropping/composition with a touch of exposure lightening.  That made his eyes look a touch greener, which was a good thing!  Remember friends...when taking pictures crop tool is your friend!






1 comment:

  1. Great job with the photos! I'm not a professional photographer, but I do recognize and appreciate such things as lighting and perspective. And Buddy's quite the lovely subject. He reminds me of my own cat, Rudy, an orange-and-white Maine Coon/Domestic Long Hair mix.

    - Audra from A Path to Create, Not Find

    ReplyDelete